Doris is Grandpa's younger sister and lives in Twin Falls, Idaho which is about 160 miles north of Ogden. They drove down in the morning and met Grandpa and Grandy, Suzanne and I at the appartment. Then, we all went to eat at the Olive Garden. It was an interesting trip for us, going with 4, 80 and 90 year olds in various stages of aging. We certainly are blessed with good health and see the need to keep active and healthy so we can enjoy our Golden Years (whenever that is!).
The visit was short but, great. We had a chance to catch up on family news and fill them in on our growing family.
The next big event in our lives is in the hands of Steven and Megan. They're expecting Oct. 13, which is NEXT week and also happens to be my brother David's birthday. We're excited!
"And that's the way it is."
2 comments:
You guys are so sweet for hanging out with the old folks. I'm sure they appreciate all that you've done for them.
P.S. I'm super excited for Steven and Megan. Make sure you post tons of pictures for those of us who aren't going to be there.
I didn't realize how good you were at updating your blog, or I would have commented earlier. Sounds like a fun weekend, you better be nice to us if you want us to help you out in your golden years. Just kidding. We love you, and we love Grandy and Grandpa.
Post a Comment