Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Southern Utah and Zion National Park

Last weekend we drove to the new Aman Resort that opened in October 2009. Amangiri is 60 miles east of Kanab, UT and 10 miles north of Page, AZ. It's very isolated yet very beautiful desert.

About the Amangiri architecture, "Architecturally, the resort has been designed to blend into the landscape with natural hues, materials and textures a feature of the design. The structures are commanding and in proportion with the scale of the natural surroundings, yet provide an intimate setting from which to view and appreciate the landscape." You'll notice there are a lot of sharp edges and corners. They represent the slot canyons found in this area.

On our way home we visited Zion National Park. Our first time we've seen it covered by winter snow.

Get a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the photos.





























7 comments:

TheRogersInUtah said...

I am so jealous that you got to stay there!! I wanted to try for my Birthday in April, but it probably won't happen. I am very glad you posted pictures!!

Mike and Kim said...

These are fantastic pictures. Kim is one step closer to being willing to retire in Southern Utah.

The Obergs said...

This resort is gorgeous! It looks relaxing, and crisp, and clean, and modern, and just wonderful! I think I might have to look into this place for an anniversary or something.

The Obergs said...

just kidding. I just checked the website and looked at the rates... maybe I'll get to visit in another lifetime, or if Taylor gets a sweet job like you...

Sarah said...

that looks fabulous! wonderful photos.
we must add that resort to our list of places to stay.

Sarah said...

holy cow. like crystal, i just looked at the rates. i'll just put the money towards building my own instead.

Steven and Megan said...

very beautiful pictures! You guys are pretty lucky to get to stay at such wonderful places.