Friday, October 30, 2009

The Royal Hawaiian Trip

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I don't feel like writing a thousand words for each photo here, so, I'll let them speak for themselves. We had a wonderful time. We are so blessed to be able to take trips like these. We'd love to be able to take all of you with us.

We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian, the second oldest hotel on Waikiki.






Freshly baked Macadamia Nut bread.





Steven, I thought of you while watching this fire dancer.






Afternoon Tea on the Veranda of the Moana Surfrider. The first hotel in Waikiki, in 1901, during the steamship days.










Our view from our lounge chair the first morning. This is before it became crowded.




Someday I'll own a real Panama Hat, fedora style. Actually, they're made in Ecuador. The price is based on the quality (re: fineness) of the weave. I tried on a "regular weave" that was $475 and a "super fino" fedora valued at $11,000. This is from the Monte Cristi hat makers, considered one of the finest.



Our lounge chairs, beach umbrella, and the warm Pacific Ocean await our return.

4 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

I can't wait for our big family get together in Hawaii next year!!!!!!! WooWoo!!!!!

Alisha said...

Beautiful! I hope you had a great time.

TheRogersInUtah said...

Great pictures! Trav and I are leaving on Wednesday to Hawaii. We are staying at the Halekulani and the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Looking at all your pictures got me even more excited to go!!

Mike and Kim said...

Aloha,

Pink is the new black, and we like pink.

As always it looks fantastic.