Last weekend Mom and Dad decided they wanted to get out and take a drive. Saturday after lunch we pilled into my trusty car and drove north, to Brigham City and over Sardine pass, to Hyrum, then about 15 miles on the winding road in the beautiful canyon to Hardware Ranch Wildlife Management Area.
When we arrived it was a brisk 7 degrees but sunny and gorgeous.
We explored the Visitor's Center and found out how big these elk are! I want to know how those skinny legs can hold up those big bodies and the big "rack".
The herd spends the winter here and is fed well. There are horse drawn sleighs visitors ride on to get up close and personal with the elk.
No post is complete without grandchildren photos. Here's Zoe in her sled/sleigh.
Here she is celebrating crossing the finish line just like the movie Cool Runnings.
Check out these clips. I hope the links work properly.
Introduction.
Their first run. Watch to the end.
And one more Zoe.
This is a new game she plays. She hides in Grandma's closet, they cries like a little baby. Grandma comes looking for her, saying, "I hear a baby crying." She picks Zoe up and says, "This isn't a baby, it's ZOE!"
Now, Zoe really likes this came and wants to play it endlessly. However, it's getting a little old for the adults in the house and we can't play it any more. It was fun while it lasted.
Have a great week!
4 comments:
Fun times, I had never heard of Hardware Ranch. Zoe is so cute.
How in the world has Alisha not heard of Hardware Ranch!?? I'm impressed that you braved the cold. I only go outside when absolutely necessary. Baby Zoe just gets cuter and cuter every time I see her, she is a doll! I can't wait to see what the next one looks like!
I've never heard of Hardware Ranch either... I think Zoe is way cute too :)
Do we get to go to Hardware Ranch when we get there?
Zoe is so cute we can't wait to play with her. Megan will love a new playmate.
Post a Comment